so this afternoon when britni and i got home from church we were starving. i tell you what- my big intestine felt like it was eating my small one. church at 11:30 really confuses the old bod!
after thinking about it the whole time on our walk home we decided pizza is what we were craving. and hummus. but that's a recipe for another post :)
this recipe would probably be tenfold better with some fresh basil, but we didn't have any... in fact i am pretty sure we stole all of my roommate's ingredients for this. she was in boise. don't tell :)
anyway, here we go!
9. cut up and feast.
makes one big pizza
serves: 2? 3?
crust: eating well
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp quick rising yeast
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 cup hot water
1 tbsp olive oil
to make crust:
1. preheat oven to 500 degrees, put your pizza pan in oven to warm. combine all dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
2. mix together wet ingredients, then as processor is running, add liquid a little at a time until a ball forms
3. turn dough onto floured surface and knead dough into a manageable ball. if necessary, add a little water to help dough ball up. knead for a couple minutes by hand.
4. coat a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray and cover dough, letting rest 10-20 minutes.
the rest of the ingredients:
2 tomatoes, cut into rounds
1 mozzarella ball, sliced thinly
salt and pepper
basil- fresh if possible (we used dried)
5. when dough is done resting, roll out onto floured surface, forming a big ol pizza surface. (i dare you to try to make a perfect circle! and then teach me how...) remove pan from oven, and spread out dough. drizzle olive oil on surface and spread all over
6. in a small bowl, drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper your tomatoes.
7. arrange the mozarella and tomatoes on dough, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, basil, and more pepper.
8. cook pizza in oven for 10ish minutes. watch it! it cooks fast!!